Are you looking to undertake a development project?Discover the potential in your current block of land? or maybe just want to find out more about the development process in general?
I joined an incredible panel of speakers consisting of:
• Winston Tran, Valuation Manager at CBRE Valuations
• Jamie Van Burgel, Associate Director of CBRE Valuations
• Craig Gemmill, Managing Director of Gemmill Homes
• Az Tabbalo, State Business Development Manager (WA) of Westpac
Insights on the following topics were shared:
• General overview of the current Perth property market including valuations, rental returns and yields and cost vs value when developing.
• Overview of the New Home Market, R-codes and construction timeframes.
• Planning your investment strategy, finance options and how to manage your investment.
I have been involved with the building and property development industry for over 12 years now. First as a CFO and GM of on Perths largest home builder and property developer and as a director of an accounting firm of property tax specialists.
I moderated the seminar and also presented as property tax specialists on property development tax implications and how to avoid the lurking tax traps for property investors.
Some very pertinent topics were covered such as:
• Top 3 Tax Traps for Property Investors
• Understanding Taxation of Property Developers
• Nature of Property Development
• Business Structures available to Property Developers
• Case Study of how we saved $94,000 in taxes increasing the RoI by over 10%.
Yes, you read right! We shared a case study of how I helped save a client $94,000 in taxes, increasing the RoI (return on investment) by over 10%. The client would have paid 62% of his profits to the ATO in GST and income tax, but with my assistance and the proper structuring, we reduced to under 15%!
How did I do it? I’m not going to share all my secrets…
What I will share though, is that one key message from the seminar:
Property developers must plan the return on their investment by doing proper due diligence on the development potential before making an offer to but a block. This should include valuations, site costs and build costs and ensure the best possible tax structure of the project is in place.
We must also consider tax implications of property development prior to making the offer the block. Otherwise, you’re more likely speculating, than investing.
How did the property seminar it go?
It was very well received and much appreciated with 80 people attending.
We received some very positive feedback, with most attendees advising that the seminar was extremely informative, they learned new things and that all speakers gave some really insightful ‘nuggets’ and property development tax advice that they previously knew nothing about.
It was the perfect seminar for people in Perth looking to undertake a development project, discover the potential in their current block of land or find out more about the development process in general?
We’re currently planning more property seminars for early next year.
Want to find out more? Book a Free Initial Consult Now .